A supplemental type certificate (STC) is a type certificate (TC) issued when an applicant has received FAA approval to modify an aeronautical product from its original design. The STC, which incorporates by reference the related TC, approves not only the modification but also how that modification affects the original design.
Examples of STC modifications include:
- Vortex generators manufactured and installed;
- Installation of modified engine baffle/cooling louver system;
- Conversion to a tailwheel configuration;
- Installation of Autopilots;
- Installation of Fuel Flow Indicating Systems.
West Air Aircraft has years of experience in recommending and installing aircraft modifications. Call West Air at (925) 245-0544 to discuss making changes or additions to your aircraft.